Monday, August 10, 2009

Sean's trip to the ER

Well Sean had his first experience with the ER the other night. Hopefully it will be the last, but I know that won't be the case with a little boy LOL! He and Emma were pinching each others cheeks (in fun) and Emma accidentally clipped him in the eye. He ended up waking up later that night and couldn't open his eye and was crying in pain. Of course, Mommy was working (GRRRR!) so Daddy called the pediatrician and they wanted him to be seen right away. So Daddy and Sean spent 3 hours at the ER while Emma slept soundly in her bed. She had no idea of all the activities! I guess the whole time Sean just kept crying he wanted his Emma :( Poor guy. He ended up with a corneal abrasion and they sent Daddy home with antibiotic ointment for his eye.

Anyway, he is all better now. Except they smashed heads last night and he ended up with a huge goose egg over the SAME EYE! These two never stop! Here are a few pics from the morning after. This is after about 2 hours of him squeezing his eyes shut. He woke up and refused to open either eye. Not sure if it was pain, or the thought that it would be painful, but he finally opened them. It actually looks pretty good in the pic (it's his left eye).
And this is his hospital bracelet that he is obsessed with. He won't let me take it off. He is still wearing it today. He gets upset if I say I am taking it off so there it sits. I wonder how long I have to leave it on?

3 comments:

The Beers Family said...

Oh poor Sean. Alex scratched my eye - boy does that HURT! We had our first trip to the ER this weekend as well - fell off the chair and put his teeth through his lip! OUCH.

Tracy said...

Poor little guy!!!! It is so sweet he was asking for "his Emma." One of he good parts of having twins, rights?

Esther said...

Awwww....poor little one..but I bet you are right about the ER trips. I hope that we are both wrong but I do foresee them in my future, too...My parents-in-law were pretty much counseled on child abuse one time at the ER because they were there so many among their three boys! Ouchee!