Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Potty Training Update

We finally have a potty training update. 

WE ARE 100% POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it so exciting??  After 3 1/2 years of diapers, we are done.  After touring preschool in March, we told them if they didn't start using the potty they wouldn't be able to attend school.  Hey - its really the rule!  So we worked on it for about a week and they did great.  Then we all got the stomach bug and it went out the window!  Who can blame them - it was rough LOL!  But as soon as everyone was well again they just did it.  I can honestly say its so much easier to train when they are ready and willing to do it.  I stressed myself out for the past year because they didn't want to do it and just didn't get it.  But something clicked and they were ready.  And I mean they are 100% trained - no diapers or pullups at night or naps!  Its marevelous!

And we had promised them big kid bikes when they used the potty all the time.  So that's what we got last weekend!!  These are cell phone pics, but we have to wait for a day that Daddy can help so I can get some pictures.  Here's the princess' Princess bike~

And Sean's Cars bike~


And the cool guy ready to ride!


Emma wouldn't put her helmet on because it was "squishing her hair."  So she didn't get to ride her bike.  So no pictures of her in the Princess helmet.  Oh the drama.

5 comments:

Christina said...

Way to go!!! :)
I'm struggling with it now. It seems like EVERYONE but US is starting this process. I have some ready signs, and some days I feel like they are ready...but other days they don't seem it. Any tips?

Tracy said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!

Sean Patrick and Emma Jane said...

Seriously if I had advice I would offer it LOL! All I can say is wait until they are ready and willing to do it. It was so much easier. It took less than a week for them to do it (aside from the few accidents which are expected).

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jen, what are you going to do with all the extra money you are saving by not having to buy diapers???????

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Jen! I know that this was on your mind lately...:) I have totally become a believer in the philosophy in that kids do things when THEY are ready, and not when some books says that they should be ready for something...and this is just one great example!

:)