Its not all bad, though :) This age is so much fun to watch. They are really into make believe - their favorite thing to act out is Max and Ruby. They each have a little beanie baby (Sean has Max, Emma has Ruby) and they will act out episodes of the show. It is the most adorable thing in the world! The conversations they have when they think I'm not around are priceless. They are really into expressing themselves - Sean's favorite thing to say is "I'm frustrated!" Of course, most of the time its not used appropriately, but he's learning! Another one is "you hurt my feelings!" Again, rarely used in the correct context - mostly if they do something naughty and we get upset with them they will say we hurt THEIR feelings LOL!
Emma is definitely the caretaker and Sean is learning to sit back and let her do everything. Which is not a good thing. We're thinking of putting them into separate activities because its not healthy for Sean to sit back and let Emma take control. It is so adorable to watch her care for him, but I know we have to nip it in the bud before it gets worse. The other day at gymnastics she wouldn't participate in class because Sean was upset. She sat on the floor with him and just rubbed his back. So cute to watch her try to make him feel better!!
They are also really into saying I love you too after you tell them you love them. It is the best thing in the world to hear their little voices say "I love you too Mom!" I love them more than I could ever imagine and that makes the long, fighting filled days worth it. I know they will outgrow this soon, but I am sure another challenging stage is just around the corner. I got the nicest comment the other day from a stranger at church. She told me they were so well behaved and its not often that a Mother can give their kids a look and they stop misbehaving. So although they completely ignore me in the house, at least I know they can be out in public and behave appropriately! Which in the long run is the most important thing, I guess!
Here are some recent pics of them lounging in their sleeping bags watching a movie!
3 comments:
They are as adorable as always...sorry they're wearing you out, but one of my friends told me that while 3 is tough, it's like they become new kids at 4 (good ones.) So you're close. And it sounds like you're doing a GREAT job, momma.
3, UGH, just Ugh. 4 is better. I've never been to tell other moms that "it gets easier" but 4 is actually easier. Especially if you get them into a preschool program. Time away from you and time for you to recharge makes a huge difference.
I firmly believe that kids who are well behaved in public but aren't as well behaved at home are the most secure, well-attached kids. They know they can really be themselves at home. It shows how very comfortable they are.
Yepp..cannot wait for the 2s to get here..yeah, right. Sounds like Sean and Emma are really loving children, though, so it's just probably normal twinkie/brotherly-sisterly thing. Seems that way with my boys, too. Eric will take something from Patrick and then a second later he brings him something to share! And I love that you can just look at them and they will start behaving. That is really really cool...:)
Post a Comment