It's very rare that I get to spend any alone time with Sean. Let alone a whole morning! But that's what we did today. Emma is very attached to Mommy so it makes it difficult to leave her home without both Sean and I. Granted, it was for a doctor's appointment, but it was still so nice.
We went to the allergist for Sean. Turns out he is allergic to pecans and pistachios (WHAT??). Two nuts he's never even had. But the scratch test isn't accurate for peanuts so he had to have his blood drawn for that. But the Dr. is convinced he is allergic to peanuts based on his reactions and the positive tree nut allergy. He is also allergic to dust (better clean Mommy!), dust mites, and cats. So I guess we won't be getting any furry pets for him! He also has mild asthma, which only seems to affect him right now when he has a cold. He could grow out of it, or it could get worse. We won't know until he gets older.
He was so well behaved the entire time. The doctor was impressed at how much he talked. For anyone that knows Sean personally you are probably thinking, really? He barely talks above a whisper most of the time and he pretty much keeps to himself most of the time. But he was a regular Mr. Chatterbox all morning! I guess being away from his dominant sister does him good. You can really see how much she does for him and speaks for him!
He barely made a peep when they did the scratch tests on his back. He whimpered a little and said "I want to go home!" and that was it. He just played with his trains and colored. Then we went for the blood test. I was dreading it. I just knew it was going to be awful. I held his arm, the lady put the needle in and he said "ow." Simple as that. Didn't cry, didn't squirm, just sat and watched! The phlebotomists were so impressed! They said they rarely get a 2 year old that doesn't pitch a fit. Even the elderly people in the waiting room couldn't believe he didn't cry.
Anyway, I loved my morning with Sean. He is such a sweet little guy. It is so much less stressful with only only little person to worry about. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE having twins, but having only one for a few hours is a nice break :)
3 comments:
Poor Sean! No peanut butter! I'm glad he did so well and you enjoyed your morning out with him.
Hey Jen, maybe I should know this, but why did you decide to get Sean allergy tested? Did something happen??
Yes my son, the son of a man who loves Skippy peanut butter more than any food in the world, would get a rash and flushed area on his face when I would give him a kiss after eating a peanut butter sandwich. And after eating a snickers bar.
This all because Jen ate too much peanut butter during pregnancy. Know my boy will never understand the joy of Skippy peanut butter, and I must do without my beloved sandwich topping.
Oh the humanity!!!!!
Post a Comment