Today we went our second story time. It went better than the first (and that went really well!) They actually sat on the rug with the other kids (I had to sit right at the edge - within reach at all times LOL!) They did a few dances and really liked the books today. They were all about babies! They are so well behaved and do their best to pay attention and listen to the two teachers. It's nice to be able to sit and enjoy something with them without worrying about having to chase one!
After story time we go into the library to play. There are blocks, legos, books, coloring stuff, and a play kitchen for the kids to play with. It is so funny to watch them interact with the other kids. At home, they fight over everything! I hear "NO Seanie, its Emma's" and "NO Emma, its Seanie's" all day long! But with the other kids, they share with EACH OTHER so nicely. Sharing with other kids is new for them. It's always been Sean and Emma. Emma of course takes the lead and makes sure Sean has a toy and gets his turn. It's very interesting to see how strong their bond is outside the house. Sean is pretty good about sharing with other kids, but he's so laid back anyway. Emma is another story. She's very much in the "MINE!" stage. I hope it passes soon. But I'm sure as soon as it passes, Sean will enter it - that's always the way!
I am so happy I can finally bring them places. For so long I have felt like they are missing out on things because its hard to take two the same age to things. Or you need one adult per child and I can't do that during the week. It's nice to bring them to gym and story time so they can interact with kids other than each other. Now if the weather would warm up, we could do a lot more!!
1 comment:
It's like a giant step isn't it? You get a new sense of freedom! You actually can say "Lets go out" without having an anxiety attack!! LOL Enjoy it!
Post a Comment