Last night, I decided to take the kids to dinner, by myself. I occasionally like to take them to a restaurant by myself to see if I can do it! Of course, I start sweating as soon as we pull up, but I've got to do it! Anyway, I brought them to Friendly's (hey, it is a restaurant) for dinner. I've only brought them to places like that alone, because I figure no one will notice screaming children in restaurants like that. Not that they have ever screamed in a restaurant, but just in case. At the end of the meal, an older woman came up to me and said "I just wanted to let you know how well behaved your children are." That really made my day. So many days I think I am doing a terrible job as they laugh in my face when I try to discipline them. But I know its just their age and they are testing me. It felt so nice to have someone tell me how well behaved my two year olds are. I've got to be doing something right, don't I? No matter where we are in public, these two are so well behaved. Anyway, I just really needed that comment yesterday and I realize how lucky I am.
Of course, as the nice lady was leaving, Emma said "Bye Grandma!" I was mortified. She doesn't even call either of her grandmothers Grandma. I don't know where she got that one!
4 comments:
Very cute! It IS nice to have all of your hard work noticed, isn't it?!?!? H&E can test me at home all they want, but as long as I have 3 well behaved kids in public, that's all that matters.
Wow - You rock!! Those compliments mean the world to me!! I remember getting one at Applebees when the girls were like 11 months old.
I take my girls out by myself, but I haven't gone to a resturant by myself w/ them. I take them individually to resturants!.. lol- I'm too scared.
How do you do it? How do you get them inside? If I tried to get both the girls to walk inside, they would run, in opposite directions, into the street.
Tina - they stay with me if there re cars around. For some reason they get very scared if I tell them there are cars! It gets them to stay with me! Now if I brought them to the mall or someplace inside - then they would run in different directions!
You have always done a wonderful job with them...you are a very loving caring Mom. But you always someone to re-assure you..just to make sure your not just fooling yourself. And you need it from someone other than your mother...lol. Cause she will tell you anything!! LOL Honestly? Not new news to me...I have always told you your a great Mom and they are awesome kids.
Post a Comment