Sorry there hasn't been a lot of posts lately. We have a lot of things going on right now. We're going to be moving soon, so there may not be many posts in the next month or so. But Mommy thought she would come on and update everyone on how we're doing!
It's amazing how fast they are growing up. I remember just sitting and crying along with them many days when they were infants. I couldn't wait for them to get older! It was so hard in the beginning and I never thought I'd make it this far. Now I look at them and want to cry because time is going so fast. They aren't babies anymore, they're toddlers. They are little people now with amazing personalities and I love getting to know them.
Sean seems so much like me - very quiet and laid back (for the most part!) He still doesn't have many words (so far its wow, uh-oh, see, and an interpretation of "what did you do") but is improving verbally. He can say a few animal sounds (woof for dog and moo for cow). I asked him today where the light was and he actually pointed to the light! If you know him, that's an accomplishment! He is very strong and is starting to learn his own strength. Unfortunately, a lot of times Emma takes the brunt of it (don't worry, she gives it back)! He loves gymnastics and can climb up on anything. Fortunately, he hasn't learned he can climb out of his crib - yet! He makes the cutest faces and sounds when he eats. I could sit for hours and just look at his adorable face and listen to the funny sounds he makes while eating! His tastes for food is a lot like mine, too (unfortunately!) He seems to love music and likes to watch Monster's Inc., Finding Nemo, or any kind of hockey on TV. Anytime hockey comes on he says "see" and points to the TV.
Emma, on the other hand, talks from the minute she wakes up until the minute she goes to sleep. She has about 15-20 words (I won't list them all!) and can make animal sounds for just about every animal. She loves to look at books and can point out many objects when asked. It amazes me how much she can remember from day to day. She has a very strong personality (to put it gently!) She will let you know when she is angry or doesn't want to be bothered. Poor Sean has the teeth marks on his arms to prove it! But she can also be extremely loving. She is really into babies now and giving hugs and kisses. She also loves gymnastics, but surprisingly is more timid at class than Sean. Her appetite is a lot like Daddy's, she'll eat anything you put in front of her. But she remains so tiny that most of her 12 months pants slide right down! She's really into Monster's Inc. right now, too. She has memorized certain parts of the movie and knows what parts to scream at and when to laugh!
If you had asked me 15 months ago whether I thought I would enjoy being a mother this much, I would have said no. I had a really rough start but am starting to feel more confident about this whole mother thing now. I've always loved them with all my heart, but I am finally starting to love being a mother. I hate being away from them - I don't want to miss anything! They are the best things to ever happen to me (well, along with Daddy!) Anyway, that's our update and hopefully I won't be too busy to post over the next month!
4 comments:
That was the best post ever. Im glad you are loving being a mom, thats all you ever wanted to be and you are the best mom. We have told you many times but im glad you realize it now! I hope you like you big move. It will be an adventure as always, but thats life. Enjoy it while you can. We love you! Cant wait to see you all soon. Maybe in august. It will be here before you know it
It was a rough start wasn't it... I remember reading your post 16 months ago and crying right along with you...I probably still wouldn't have given my girls apples yet if it wasn't for Emma downing an apple at the orchard last year. :) Being a mom really is the greatest!!! Even though we don't know each other in real life, you have been an inspiration to me!!!
As someone who has seen both my children and my wife grow over the last year, it's amazing to see a perfect stranger say that she has been inspired by my wife. Every day I wonder how she does it, and how she does it with such ease. She questions her abilities sometimes, and I can console, but it means so much more when it comes from someone on the outside. Thank you so much for validating what so many of us have been saying for so long.
I love you honey.
You are the best!! And those kids will know it. They will look at other kids and see for themselves how lucky they were. Just remember, there are going to be times when they dislike you and Dad soooo much! And when they say that just remember...they don't at all. They will thank you and laugh about it later. I knew in my heart you would make it. Sometimes it just takes a little help....You did it!!
Post a Comment